February 24th at 630pm EST———–
Video thrilled Mixed Media Bards …
well, who’d a thunk you could have this much fun watching music vids?!
Faculty, students, residents, come one come all; upon unanimous request, we take our 2nd dive into Music in 2022 but with the same theme:
What is your favorite Music Video and why???
What are the standout vids that blow your mind, sometimes elevating an average song further than possibly imagined? Hello, MADONNA, Michael Jackson, Red Hot Chili Peppers 😱
Please bring a favorite video or two for sharing on February 24th at 6:30pm.
We are not big on rules but in the interest of respect for all present we do ask the following:
- No long videos: keep them at 2-3 minutes if possible. We would prefer you bring two or three brief ones rather than one long one; that way most people get to share
- Sharing YouTube clips works best but please check the clip beforehand for AV quality, especially volume
- Be prepared to discuss why this video and / or song is important: when did you first see it? Who were you with? Why does it speak to you? What do you know about how it was made?
- No violence, vulgarity or overt sexuality: this is not an invitation to make people uncomfortable. While we are not in the business of censorship, we will immediately shut down & remove inappropriate material and those responsible.
- As always, be respectful; all choices and reasons for such are valid and welcome.
You are invited to a Zoom meeting.
When: Feb 24, 2022 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Register in advance for this meeting:
|Welcome! You are invited to join a meeting: Mixed Media & Medicine. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the meeting.
Offers a novel discussion space for group learning, reflection and new modes of presentation that are open to all medical learners – student, faculty & staff alike. From our own UofT literary journal ARS MEDICA (https://ars-medica.ca/index.php/journal) to Zine Archives in Graphic Medicine (https://www.graphicmedicine.org/comic-type/zine/) and everything in between (Poetry, Comics, YOUTUBES, Monologues, Short Short Stories you name it), we are excited to provide a safe space for participants to discuss short(ish) representations that address spirit, wellness, resilience , consciousness, and reflection. This is an inclusive environment to which ALL are welcomed and equally valued. Please spread the word amongst all people medical – students, faculty, colleagues, tutors, professors, residents, fellows, undergrads, postgrads.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Why not register for the rest of the year and add us to your calendar?
See you on the dancefloor!
Conor & Jane, mmm