January 18th, 2018 University Club – 7pm
A CREATIVE DEPARTMENT IS A HEALTHY DEPARTMENT!
An enlivening evening of art and performances by staff and residents, with Master of Ceremonies and stand-up comic David Goldbloom
Top 10 reasons to attend the 2018 Performing Psychiatry evening:
- Activate your brain circuits with stimulating, moving, beautiful and inspiring artistry
- Receive experiential disconfirmation of fixed false beliefs around the capacities of colleagues being limited to clinical, educational, or research expertise
- Be moved by a classical Spanish guitar performance by John Klukach and Petal Abdool
- Be inspired by the mixed media artworks by clients on the Concurrent Youth Unit at CAMH
- Laugh out loud with Lwam Ghebrehariat
- Be transported by live music performances of Peter Voore, Ivan Poukhovski Sheremetyev, and the angelic vocals of Monidipa Ravi
- Be delighted by the original songs of Thomas Ungar
- Sing along to the musical tunes of Jen Schaffer with John Teshima and Carmen Wiebe
- Tap your feet to the Irish music of Marco Battaglia and Amit Rotem
- Break up a long winter’s night and resist the hibernating-pulls of the cold with a famously fun and spectacular evening out!
TICKETS for this not-to-be-missed, limited-seating event, only $20; free for psychiatry residents (*must be reserved in advance) can be purchased or reserved on line. Performing Psychiatry celebrates and showcases the artistic talent manifest (and hidden) in our academic and hospital-based communities within the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Toronto. We hope to see you at what promises to be a fun and inspiring evening!
Sponsored by the University of Toronto, Department of Psychiatry, and its Division of Psychotherapies, Health Humanities and Educational Scholarship (PHES)