Call for Submissions
WHITE COAT, Warm ART Exhibit
Niagara Falls, ON ~ April 13th – 16th, 2019
We are pleased to announce the TENTH “White COAT, Warm ART Exhibit” which is held annually in conjunction with the Canadian Conference on Medical education (CCME). This exhibit will showcase the creative talents of medical/ other health sciences faculty, residents, students, and physicians and other health professionals from across Canada. This will be a juried exhibition. Entries can include, oils, watercolours, photographs, pastels, etchings, pen and ink, etc. Limited space will also be available for the display of small sculptures.
Artistic Selection: Selection for all pieces will be based on artistic merit, and demonstrated skill in effecting a particular artistic vision in the media chosen.
YOU MUST SPECIFY in your Artist Statement WHICH CATEGORY YOU ARE SUBMITTING TO:
1) Live Exhibit: Artists selected for the live exhibit must either plan to bring their art themselves to the exhibit, or arrange to have it brought & picked up by someone else. Any Shipping arrangements (delivery AND packing for return shipping) must be arranged entirely by the artist (we don’t have the resources to arrange shipping). Any shipping (& Insurance) expenses are born by the artist.
2) Digital Exhibit: If you don’t plan to attend the exhibit, or are unable to have your art brought by a colleague, please submit to the “Digital Exhibit”.
1) First Register with teachingmedicine.com (it’s free)
2) Click on “Art Gallery”
3) Submit your artwork to the “White Coat Warm heART 2019 Gallery”
4) You will be prompted to include a “Artist Statement” (60 words max: describe the art itself, and the role of art making in your professional life) For judging purposes please include the word “LIVE” or “DIGITAL” at the beginning of your Artist Statement.
Deadline for Submission is:
Sunday January 27th, 2019 by 5PM Pacific Standard Time.
· ORIGINAL Artworks must be created by submitting faculty, residents, students or those involved in the healthcare/ wellness field
· Art displayed at other exhibits are welcomed.
· A maximum of 2 artworks per artist can be submitted.