Narrative-Based Medicine – Certificate Program
Register today to get started on January 25, 2022
Using Storytelling to Transform Healthcare
The narratives that patients and practitioners construct together can affect the nature and meaning of health events. Understanding how to listen, give voice to experience, and integrate insights gained from reflection can improve patient care and practitioner fulfillment.
You can now now register for Narrative-Based Medicine Digital Certificate Program, which starts on January 25, 2022.
This unique program offers training in narrative-based medicine skills such as close reading, reflective writing, listening and communication skills.
In 8 sessions held over 4 months, participants will:
- Develop reflective and creative writing skills through tailored practical exercises
- Gain one-on-one editing, guidance, and mentorship from experienced instructors
- Discuss and develop ways to integrate narrative-based medicine techniques into daily clinical practice
- Engage in a small group seminar format which encourages interaction, collaboration and teamwork
- Build an interprofessional community of practice, learning and teaching in order to foster person-centered care and reflective self-care
Participants will gain abilities in reflectiveness, sensitivity to patients, teamwork and personal creativity, and heightened skills in close reading and reflective and creative writing.
See the program website for complete details and register to get started in January!