Faculty, students, residents, come one come all. We invite you to join us for our first foray into Music this year but with a twist, what is your favorite Music Video and why???
What are the standout vids that blew your mind, sometimes elevating an average song further than possibly imagined? Hello, MADONNA, 😱
Please bring a favorite video or two for sharing on January 27th at 6:30pm.
We are not big on rules but in the interest of respect for all present we do ask the following:
- No long videos: keep them at 2-3 minutes if possible. We would prefer you bring two or three brief ones rather than one long one; that way most people get to share
- Sharing YouTube clips works best but please check the clip beforehand for AV quality, especially volume
- Be prepared to discuss why this video and / or song is important: when did you first see it? Who were you with? Why does it speak to you? What do you know about how it was made?
- No violence, vulgarity or overt sexuality: this is not an invitation to make people uncomfortable. While we are not in the business of censorship, we will immediately shut down & remove inappropriate material and those responsible.
- As always, be respectful; all choices and reasons for such are valid and welcome.
Register in advance for this meeting:
|Welcome! You are invited to join a meeting: Mixed Media & Medicine. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the meeting. Offers a novel discussion space for group learning, reflection and new modes of presentation that are open to all medical learners – student, faculty & staff alike. From our own UofT literary journal ARS MEDICA (https://ars-medica.ca/index.php/journal) to Zine Archives in Graphic Medicine (https://www.graphicmedicine.org/comic-type/zine/) and everything in between (Poetry, Comics, YOUTUBES, Monologues, Short Short Stories you name it), we are excited to provide a safe space for participants to discuss short(ish) representations that address spirit, wellness, resilience , consciousness, and reflection. This is an inclusive environment to which ALL are welcomed and equally valued. Please spread the word amongst all people medical – students, faculty, colleagues, tutors, professors, residents, fellows, undergrads, postgrads.utoronto.zoom.us|
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Why not register for the rest of the year and add us to your calendar?
See you on the dancefloor!
Conor & Jane, mmm