In honour of International Women’s Day, Black History Month & National Poetry Month
We invite faculty, students, residents, fellows, one and all to the next gathering of Mixed Media & Medicine at a zoom near you on March 24th:
What is your favorite piece of writing and why?
It might be a poem, a passage from a novel, an extract from a memoir, a greeting card (please don’t, lol), a rousing verse/chorus, a piece of graffiti you saw on the subway: whatever it is, please bring a piece something that inspires you on March 24th at 6:30pm.
We are not big on rules but in the interest of respect for all present we do ask the following:
- No long passages: keep them at 2-3 minutes if possible. We would prefer you bring two or three brief ones rather than one long one; that way most people get to share
- Be prepared to discuss why this inspires you: when did you first come across it? Who were you with? Why does it speak to you? What do you know about how it was made?
- If there is a visual to help the share by all means, we are expert screen-sharers now
- No violence, vulgarity or overt sexuality: this is not an invitation to make people uncomfortable, or to air political agendas.. While we are not in the business of censorship, we will immediately shut down & remove inappropriate material and those responsible.
- As always, be respectful; all choices and reasons for such are valid and welcome.
- If you see a neighbour struggling, jump in and help out
You are invited to a Zoom meeting.
When: Mar 24, 2022 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Why not register for the rest of the year and add us to your calendar?
See you on a screen sometime soon!
Conor & Jane, MMM