- Virtual Synesthesia Art Exhibit- call for 2021 submissionsWe would like to invite you to participate in Synesthesia 2021, an annual arts show organized by ArtBeat, the arts and humanities group at the Temerty Faculty of Medicine. […]
- Medical Humanities Education Matching Funding Grant – Call for Proposals February 2021Post MD Education continues to offer the Medical Humanities Education Matching Funding Grant in the amount of $5,000 per project proposal, distributed on a semi-annual basis. […]
- UTMJ Vol98 Issue I: COVID-19The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted the lives of millions around the world. In this issue, UTMJ invited national and international leaders to reflect on on-going challenges and lessons learned during the world’s response and journey during this pandemic. […]
- Creating Space 11: The Edit. Call for AbstractsThe Creating Space 11 Conference Planning Committee, based in St. John’s Newfoundland and Labrador, is pleased to announce the call for abstracts. Please see attached for details. […]
- The Gould Standard Podcast from the Glenn Gould FoundationOne of our Health, Arts and Humanities Program Community Partners-THE GLENN GOULD FOUNDATION – is offering free podcasts on music and the arts. […]
Poetry Month/University of Toronto Health Humanities Event – April 20ScheduledAdam Sol has published one collection of essays, How a Poem Moves: A Field Guide for Readers of Poetry and four books of poetry, with a fifth on the way from ECW Press in the Fall of 2022. He is the Coordinator of the Creative Expression & Society Program at the University of Toronto’s Victoria College.
Grief, Gratitude, and Meditative AwarenessScheduledWhen we talk about being grateful, it sometimes feels like an attempt to override the grief we are also living with. Like telling ourselves to eat our peas because they’re good for us, a finger wagging into appreciation.