- Palette Issue IV: Call for SubmissionsPalette is currently accepting submissions for Issue IV of Palette, UofT Medicine’s arts and culture magazine. […]
- Representations of Pain: An Online Exhibition and EventWe are thrilled to invite you to the launch of our interactive online installation, Representations of Pain, which interrogates representations and expands definitions of pain through a variety of media, from fine arts to the sciences. […]
- New issue of ARS MEDICAView the latest at: https://ars-medica.ca/index.php/journal/issue/current […]
- HeNReG 2020-21 Virtual meetings starting in OctoberThe Health Narratives Research Group (HeNReG) allows researchers the opportunity to take the personally relevant stories that initiated their commitment to health care and develop them into narratives with a particular point of view. […]
- COVID & Ethics Series: links to videos of 4 webinarsFrom Dr Robert Klitzman, Joseph Mailman School of Public Health Four online lectures on Bioethics and Covid 19 in the US Inequality, Vulnerability, and Health Justice: Learning from the Pandemic Ethics Consultations During COVID-19 The […]
NEW “AUTHOR MD” READING SERIES-FIRST ZOOM EVENT DECEMBER 3RDScheduledRady Faculty of Health Sciences (University of Manitoba) and Temerty Faculty of Medicine (University of Toronto) present : ‘Poetry and a Medical Life’ – A Reading and Conversation with Conor Mc Donnell, MD and Bahar Orang, MD
Postcards from the Edge: Addressing Compassion/Covid Fatigue in Note FormScheduledPerhaps you are too overwhelmed to read this. Let’s be brief: this workshop will address impacts, physical or emotional, personal or professional, of caring for human suffering. Including your own.
Self-Care and Therapeutic Presence through Emotion-Focused MindfulnessScheduledA new virtual offering to support your emotional wellbeing, starting December 14th . Spots are limited. We welcome you to register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Cinema Medica – Hold The Date January 19ScheduledOscar nominee Feras Fayyad (“Last Men in Aleppo”) delivers an unflinching story of the Syrian war with his powerful new documentary, The Cave (2019)
Improv and the Performance of Medicine – 4 SessionsScheduledMedicine, like theatre, is both an art form and a skill set; clinical interactions and patient encounters combine unpredictable situations, information-gathering, and a need for adaptability (Watson, 2011).