- NARRATIVE- BASED MEDICINE LAB : CPD-UTORONTO OFFERINGSHere are upcoming certificate programs, lectures and workshops offered by the office of CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (University of Toronto). […]
- Health, Arts & Humanities – IPE CERTIFICATE-APPLY NOW!Are you a health professions student at the University of Toronto? Are you interested in the arts, or are curious to know how they can make you a better health professional? […]
- Health Narratives Research Process (HeNReP)The Heath Narratives Research Process (HeNReP) is a free, non-credit, open-discipline, non-hierarchical process that has been offered in association with the Health, Arts and Humanities Program of the Department of Psychiatry in the University of Toronto since 2015 as the Health Narratives Research Group (HeNReG) from the first week in October to the last week in April. […]
- Medicine Through the Lens of Photography: Empathy, Advocacy, Compassion through StorytellingHumanities in Medicine—A Photography Elective For Medical Students. Medicine Through the Lens of Photography: Empathy, Advocacy, Compassion through Storytelling […]
- CPD Certificate in Narrative-Based Medicine (2022-23)Registration is now open for the Centre For Professional Development’s narrative-based medicine Certificate programs at the University of Toronto. […]
ARTS AS RESEARCH ZOOM SEMINARSScheduledArts as Research is a series of 2 sessions (1 Fall, 1 Winter) exploring arts-based research methodologies and their value in healthcare.
Awake at Work: Writing into PresenceScheduledIn this session, use writing to explore how simply showing up and attending to your own experience is the starting point for attending to others.
Self-Compassion and Self-Empathy: Mindfulness Meditation in Life and Professional PracticeScheduledThis two-part workshop explores different aspects of mindfulness and approaches to reflection, well-being and resilience.
Foundation in Narrative Based Medicine (Certificate Program)ScheduledJointly led by an expert in narrative-based medicine and an accomplished writer, both of whom have extensive experience working with health professionals, this intensive program is taught in two parts.
An Introduction to Visual Narrative: An Art Gallery WorkshopScheduledThis workshop introduces learners to a spectrum of ways of engaging with visual art in an art museum context.
Fall Term 2022: ART IS PATIENT at the AGOScheduledPeople are complicated. Art is difficult. They’re both challenging: often opaque and multi-layered and hard to read. People and artworks might show up with their labels front-and-centre, but what do labels really tell us?
Advanced Creative and Reflective Writing Workshop for Health PractitionersScheduledThis four-session series is designed for writers with some experience seeking to improve their creative and reflective writing skills.
I Start The Day… a writing & reflection sessionScheduledHow do you start the day? Trepidation? Curiosity? This workshop offers an opportunity to expore and express what it’s like to engage purposefully and with intention in your work as a health care professional considering the constraints of the health care system and the world as it is.
Practicing Narrative-Based Medicine in Real Life – Half-Day Master ClassScheduledTaught by Allan Peterkin and Michael Roberts, this half-day master class offers a deeper dive into the practical applications of Narrative-Based Medicine for your patients, for your practice, and for yourself.
- Book Club (2)
- Bulletin (2)
- Certificate (9)
- Cinema Medica (17)
- Conference (1)
- Elective (1)
- Event (209)
- Film (18)
- Funding (2)
- History & philosophy (9)
- Latest news (123)
- Mixed-Media & Medicine (14)
- Narrative (61)
- News (191)
- Performing arts (14)
- Poetry (10)
- Seminar (44)
- Study Group (3)
- Teaching (1)
- Visual Arts (38)
- Wellbeing (20)
- Workshop (55)